Thursday 2 January 2014

Hello 2014

Happy New Year dear readers! (All 5 of you) I hope 2014 is a good year for you all. I never really enjoy this time of year. Getting out of bed to go to work in the freezing cold, dark and sometimes rain or snow is never fun but I am yet to find a job that starts at 11am but still finishes at around 5pm. I also feel like there's nothing to look forward to until Spring and there's an extra negative edge added this year as a close family member has to go into hospital soon for tests which I'm very worried about. I just hope it's nothing serious. 

I've never been one for New Years resolutions and I find that Spring is a much better time to reinvent yourself and do things like go to the gym regularly as the light nights and warmer weather motivates me far more than darkness and bitter cold. Anyway, I need the extra podge left over from Christmas to keep me warm at the coldest time of the year. Have you made any resolutions?
I definitely want to be involved in London fashion week this February, even if its just hanging around outside Somerset house taking pictures of stylish and uniquely dressed people. I also would like to include more beauty in the blog as there are only so many outfit posts and hauls you can do before you and your readers start getting bored. I am a huge fan of make up, bath products (especially from Lush) and the odd lotion and potion so it will be great to blog about another passion and add a different dimension to my posts.

I've been working over Christmas and new year but booked today off to try and get rid of my niggling cough which I've had for the past 2 weeks. Juggling full time work and a blog can be challenging and the eventual plan is to find a job which has less working hours so I have more time to devote to blogging and writing but I don't know if this one of those dreams that is too good to be true. 
I wish you all the best for this new year and I hope at least some of your dreams come true. 

No comments:

Post a Comment