Saturday 18 January 2014

How I store my make-up and some of my favourite products

Like most bloggers I'm pretty obsessed with make-up. I love how it can transform your face, accentuate your best features and play down or hide the parts that you aren't too keen on. I rarely wear foundation, tinted moisturiser or BB cream as I like my natural skin, imperfections included to shine through and it often clogs my skin and gives me spots. I do occasionally try samples that you get free in magazines which offers a fresh change from my usual look. My desert Island item would probably be Eight Hour Cream by Elizabeth Arden as I suffer from chapped lips all year round which is a pain and this helps soothe them. One product I wear every day is concealer as I always have dark circles under my eyes. I usually use Fake Up by Benefit but I'm running out so I'm currently also using Wake Me Up concealer by Rimmel and Amazing cosmetics concealer which has great coverage.

I store most of my make-up in the top drawer of my dressing table and although I often end up frantically rummaging to find things on a Monday morning it's good to have all my essentials in one place. I'm also a bit of a hoarder and hate to see products go to waste so I tend to not throw anything away until I physically can't get any more out of it!



As you can see some of my favourite brands are Benefit, Smashbox, L'Oreal, Maybelline and Rimmel but I'm also a fan of No7, Revlon and MUA. Variety is the spice of life as they say. I am a bit obsessed with lipsticks as they are perfect to transform your look from day to night and you can never have too many shades of red. I store some of my palettes and perfumes in an alcove below my dressing table as it's quite easy to reach for when I'm getting ready in the mornings.


I'm a huge fan of Marc Jacobs scents and Daisy Eau So Fresh is my favourite as it's light and floral with musky undertones which is very me. I also love the Jo Malone colognes, particularly Lemon Tart and Blackcurrant and Bay which are both great for work. 
How do you store your make-up and what are your favourite products and perfumes?

Whilst typing this post I've been listening to SoundCloud which I love as you can listen to remixes and tracks that aren't readily available elsewhere. My favourites at the moment are Ready for your love by Gorgon City feat. MNEK, Double by Jessica Agombar, My Love by Route 94 Feat. Jess Glynne and Comedown by Audio Society. I would definitely recommend following all of these if you use SoundCloud. Also, if you don't follow me on Instagram already the link to my account is on the top right hand side of my blog so get following (Apologies in advance for the selfies)

1 comment: