Tuesday 2 July 2013

Pick N' Mix

Recently, in magazines I've often seen fashion features with clashing prints that shouldn't go together but somehow work. I thought I'd give this look a go with some of the items I already have in my wardrobe. So, here are the results...





I bought my shirt from a local market last year, my skirt is from New Look, my sunglasses are from Jewellery by Jaymie and my neon wedges were a Primark bargain last year. I think that monochrome prints are an easier way to try this trend as you can mix them with all kinds of bright prints such as this Hawaiian style design. And by the way, I'm not pregnant, I just have a substantial food baby showing in these pictures! I'm waiting for the gym to open near me next month so I can be put through my paces and fight the flab




I'm holding my stomach in here! My top is an old one from Primark teamed with a Missguided skirt. I'm looking forward to my clothes fitting me better after I brave the gym. The good think about monocrome is you can get away with mixing different prints. I also plan to try out a stripe with a polkadot soon 



Here's another monochrome/colourful print mash up. The dress is from River Island (£15 in the sale) and the jacket is from boohoo. The shoes are from Missguided and they have a mirrored heel which you can't see properly in this picture but I will feature these in a post in the near feature. This picture makes me want to fake tan my legs as they are looking pretty pasty! Also, please forgive the messy hair, I thought I'd try something different but I don't think I'll be going out with this hairstyle any time soon. I definitely want to do another post like this soon to see what other prints I can clash. Has anyone else tried this look?


No comments:

Post a Comment