Tuesday 14 December 2010

The stresses of Christmas shopping

So far, most of my attempts at Christmas shopping have involved becoming side-tracked and ending up buying an Aviator jacket or velvet dress for myself.
Buying gifts can be challenging. There's always the pressure to get the people you care about the perfect gift that spreads an uncontrollable smile across their face as they tear off the wrapping paper, rather than a disappointed "Oh thanks" as they dump the present at their feet.
You rack your brains then end up deciding on Christmas Eve that your Dad can never have too many pairs of socks and a bottle of Coco Madamoiselle will do for your Mum for the third year in a row.

I wish there were ways to make it easier without asking the person outright what they want. (This usually prompts responses such as "You should know, I've been hinting all year.")
I've not had any luck buying my boyfriend's present at all. I had to return one gift as his Mum had bought him a better version and the release date of the DVD that he wants has been put back to February.

I'm sure it will all come together in the end. Probably on Christmas Eve when I make a mad dash around Canary Wharf after work! I'll keep you posted

No comments:

Post a Comment