Saturday 17 August 2013

Back to the old Skool

Last night I had one of the best nights I've had in a while at Oliver's Retro bar with my best friends. There's something about 80s and 90s music that encourages you to really let your hair down and the nature of the music means you can get away with silly dance moves which is perfect for the rhythmically challenged like myself. Opposite the bar there was an 80s wall which was like a mural of 80s icons such as Madonna, George Michael, Mr T, The Hoff and Michael Jackson. I would love one of these in my house one day!



The outfit of choice was a green dress from asos (£28) with minimal accessories and flat shoes. I looked very short compared to my friends but I felt comfortable all night and most importantly I was able to slide across the dancefloor! This dress does tend to cling to my lumps and bumps around the stomach area so I need to keep up going to the gym to get rid of it. To be fair though, I'd just had a big dinner before I came out so was suffering with attack of the bloat.





It was so good to let my hair down and forget about the stresses of work and life for a few hours and I'd definitely go there again


2 comments:

  1. Aww you look lovely in that dress!
    love the colour.

    http://right-up-my-street.blogspot.com

    xo

    ReplyDelete