Monday 19 September 2011

The LOOK magazine trend talk and the wonder of Westfield

This afternoon I attended a trend talk by Look magazine's Hannah Hughes at the Look lounge in Stratford Westfield City. Sadly, the lounge will no longer be there after today but here's hoping that the lovely people at Look decide to come back to my local shopping mecca one day.

The trend talk was very interesting and it outlined this seasons key trends and pieces. Items I loved included an emerald green pencil skirt, a silver metallic top, a sheer polkadot dress and a mustard longline blazer coat. Hannah explained how the 40's and 60's are massive trends and identified some of the key pieces such as fur stoles and 60's miniskirts. I now have more items to add to my ever increasing wishlist and I also met Jen and Michaela, two lovely ladies who share my love of fashion. Check out Jen's fabulous blog at www.jjnoir.blogspot.com

As for Westfield Stratford City I'm in love with the place and can't believe that it's practically on my doorstep. The Primark is amazing and so big that I got lost for a few minutes! There are shops to suit every budget and I'm looking forward to when H&M opens on September 30th. Also, I don't care if I'm 24, I love Forever 21! There are so many on trend bargains to be had and its jewellery department sells brilliant trinkets at fantastic prices. I will post pictures of my new jewellery later this week so keep your eyes peeled.

No comments:

Post a Comment