Wednesday 21 September 2011

London Fashion Week 2011 SS12 Preview

I've chosen not to post pictures as I don't want to get done for copyright! Whilst we're on the subject, if you know where I can get pictures of designer's collections that I can use in my blog pleeaase let me know.

London Fashion Week is always incredibly exciting. Unfortunately, I wasn't lucky enough to bag a ticket but I have studied some of the collections and here are my highlights...

Christopher Kane featured futuristic dresses with origami style fabric folds, a sleeveless cricket jumper with very large armholes over a floral skirt, lots of floral pieces and pretty embellishment which is perfect for summer evenings.

Meadham Kirchoff are known for their out there style and their latest collection didn't disappoint. Satin nighty-esque dresses, bright colours, cartoon motifs and prints, smiley faces, heart pockets and fluffy, furry jackets and dresses in pastel colours all featured. The looks were girly and childlike but fun and lighthearted which I find refreshing.

Julien MacDonald had monocrome and yellow aswell as bright blue as big themes in his collection. I love the black and white tailored jacket.

Mulberry went for a mostly lemon and nude colour palette aswell as khaki with cropped parkas making an appearance. I like the lemon raincoat with the nude maxiskirt. There were also black pieces which is unusual for summer. They included classic LBDs and a black raincoat which is perhaps more practical than the lemon one. I also liked the shimmery and sequin pieces in gold and silver.

I can't wait to see how the high street inteprets these looks early next year!

2 comments:

  1. I also loved Mulberry's show for Spring. Very cute! I'm not a fan of Meadham Kirchoff though to be honest. Just a bit scary and tacky to me. Erdem was my favourite at LFW. I've just posted my review of fashion week if you wanna have a look xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVED MK Show, definite highlight.

    Helen, x
    http://areyoudressingupordressingdown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete