Sunday 23 January 2011

Rock Chick: The look that keeps giving and giving

There is one night out look that I always seem to return to by default. Most nights, I'll shimmy into a girly dress and step into some cute high heels but there's nothing like the rock chick look to make me feel fierce, glam and ready to party.
I greet the black leggings (in many varieties; shiny, sequinned and slashed) MJ print T-Shirt & sequinned or plain, dark blazer finished with studded high heels, like an old friend and transform into a strong confident rock star. (complete with air guitar.) Just don't ask me to sing Sweet Child O' Mine after a few glasses of wine.

I am usually quite a good girl but the rebel inside me wants to rock a tough, sexy, don't mess with me look.
This tough girl vision isn't complete without lashings of black eyeliner and mascara. My favourites are Bobbi Brown longwear gel eyeliner and Benefit Bad Gal lash mascara. (Even the name reflects the image I want to convey)
The shoes complete the look. They've gotta be high, they've gotta be black, they've gotta be quite chunky and they've gotta have tough details such as studs or buckles but a few tassells never hurt either. My fail safe Topshop studded heels have served me well.

No other look can make me feel quite as powerful and there's something seductive about slipping into the slinky leggings and black, studded, killer heals. Long may the Queen of rock rein. Rock on!

No comments:

Post a Comment