Saturday 29 September 2012

Style on a budget

As we don't all have wealthy parents and/or a well-paid job (no offence to those who do) many of us have to hunt out the best bargains in order to be stylish. The high street are at such a high standard these days with their interpretations of the catwalk trends that you don't need to spend a fortune to look fabulous. Bargain basement Primark is currently good for velvet dresses, cardigans and casual dresses for work or the weekend.

although you have to spend a bit more, I find that Topshop and River Island sell the best and most comfortable high heels for us mere mortals to treat ourselves to. They are also the best shops if you're looking for something special for a night out.
Of course, shops like French Connection, Reiss and Whistles have gorgeous party outfits but we're talking reasonably priced here so save those treats from higher end shops for the sales.

Zara, in my opinion have the best workwear and jumpers by far. My camel jumper with brown elbow patches is my favourite. Very Lady of the Manor.
Everything looks more expensive than it is and most of their stuff is timeless.

Urban outfitters is great for the odd, funky item, even if it's only a piece of quirky jewellery or a unique scarf. H&M is also good for both smart and unusual pieces to mix up your look.

This Party season it's about brocade, metallic, velvet and sparkle so get dressed up and get ready to party!

5 comments:

  1. I actually wrote this back in 2010 but it was unreadable so I've just changed the font so it is visible. However, the trends are quite relevant to this season aswell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So crazy that you wrote this back in 2010, this is pretty on trend indeed! You missed out TK Maxx though, that's where we grab all our bargains ;)

    Tara
    The Style Rawr!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true. I hadn't been there for ages but popped in there yesterday during my lunch and there were some good designer bargains x

      Delete
  3. Girl I just spent 20 minutes on your blog, and I have to say you are amazing, keep it up! Your posts are really inspiring and you got a nice taste, similar to mine. check out my new post I think you'll like it!

    ReplyDelete